
Mmm, I'm sure most Facebookers would know what Pet Society is.
Basically, for those who don't play the game, what you have to do is, well, nothing! That's right, everything's optional! You can let your pet get as dirty as you want, you can sell everything in your house, you can aspire to get to Level 47 or stay at Level 1 forever -- it's all optional!
Those who want to get to Level 47 -- which is the level cap, by the way -- have to slog their way up doing the same ole' things again and again and again. There are multiple ways of earning coins and Paw Points (which are the equivalent of gold and experience points) in the game, which I'd list below.
- (G/E) Visiting your friends' pets earn you 20 coins each until the 50th+ house, when you'll start earning 10 coins per visit, and then 5 coins from about the 75th+ friend onwards. You also earn Paw Points per visit.
- (G/E) Earning trophies. Buying clothes, spending a certain amount of fortune, winning an amount of hurdle races, visiting a number of friends -- there's practically a trophy for every single function in the game!
- (G/E) Winning hurdle races and winning bets. Considering how much time you have to spend on each race, and considering that you only win 30 coins if you win a race, I'd say the races are a waste of time. =/
- (E) Sending gifts. The higher the value of the item, the more Paw Points you gain by sending it.
- (G) Buying Mystery Boxes. I've earned up to 499 coins at once, but have lost almost as much using this method. For lucky people, like Joey Wong, this can reap a fortune -- but for unlucky people like me, this can get you broke really fast.
- (G) Levelling up! With every level you earn, what, 100 coins.
If my memory serves me well (which it should not, seeing as I'm tired now), there shouldn't be any other ways of earning crap.
Yeah, basically you keep repeating those activities until you have sufficient money to buy whatever you want. And then you buy it, to furnish your house, which increase in size as your Level increases.
Admittedly it gets repetitive at times, but it's also a great topic to chat about with your friends. LOL! Until you start hacking, that is. ;D
TIPS:
- Rapid Gifting: For quick Paw Points and gift-related trophies, find a buddy you can trust, and start sending items back and forth. With every gift sent, you gain a small portion of Paw Points. The more expensive the item, the more points you gain -- which is the reason why you need a trustworthy buddy. =D
- Easy Trophies: For trophies that require conditions like "Buy 3 of this, Buy 3 of that" just buy the cheapest item you can find of that category. Say, you need to buy 50 armbands. Just buy the cheapest band, which costs about 50 or 150 coins if I'm not wrong.
UPDATE [27th June 2009]
Actually I already found out about this last week, but I didn't get round to updating this post.
Okay, in this update, I have two items to talk about.
1. Introduction of the cash shop
2. Introduction of the gardens
1. The Cash Shop is pretty self-explanatory, isn't it? Thankfully in this game, Cash Items don't really have a huge impact on gameplay, though they're still cool nevertheless.
For example, there's this Teleporter item that allows you to randomly teleport to a friend's house when you use it. It doesn't really have much of a use, but it's still interesting to see.
2. The Gardens, on the other hand, have a practical use and are awesome. With the Gardens come the Garden Shop, where you can buy gardening supplies (duh?). There are currently 3 types of seeds - vegetable, flower and tree. As I've not bought the first two types of seeds, I have no idea what the heck they do.
Trees mature in 3 days, and will bear fruit every few days. These fruits can then be plucked down to be used as food, or to be sold. A homegrown coconut sells for 65 coins, if I remember correctly. You have 9 tree slots per garden, and if you fill up both gardens with trees, you'll have 18 trees, each with its own stock of fruits.
Assuming they all produce only one fruit (no, they don't produce just one, they can produce more), you'll earn 1170 coins. That's a lot in the long run, because one tree only costs 500 coins, and these trees will last forever and produce stuff every few days. I have no idea what is the rate of production, but assuming one tree takes 3 days to produce one fruit, you only have to wait for... 3 weeks before you earn back everything. Did I do my maths properly?
That's all for now. =D
P.S. I've always thought this was common sense, but somehow I still see my friends doing otherwise. DO NOT EAT YOUR HOMEGROWN FRUITS! Sell them! You could buy 13 apples from the Food shop by selling one of your own homegrown ones. -.-
UPDATE [9th November 2009]
Aight, Halloween has just passed, AND GUESS WHAT?! They made a Halloween Tree Seed! You can't get them now, but I think it's highly probable they'll be selling such seeds next year again.
Halloween Tree Seeds are bought for the usual 500 bucks, but produce fruits (Homegrown Halloween Lollipops) that sell for 85 bucks! Needless to say, if you get the opportunity, GET THESE SEEDS!
Labels: guide, review