
Has anyone played the game Restaurant City? I know some who do, but for those who have not, here's a brief summary of the game.
In Restaurant City, you start off with a basic restaurant with 3 tables, 3 chairs and a stove (and some other stuff, but those aren't important). To run your restaurant, you can hire your friends to help out. The list of tasks that your workers can do are as follows:
-Rest: When your worker's energy level goes too low, resting enables them to recover their energy. Food can be bought to restore your workers' energy levels, too.
-Cleaner: I have never found a good use for this job so far. But then again, as I only started playing yesterday (8th of May), 'never' isn't a long time. Cleaners walk around the restaurant and scrub the floor, and will clean any rubbish they come across.
Okay, now I know what Cleaners are for. When you finally reach Level 10, you're gonna need Toilet Bowls for your customers, which require cleaning from time to time (the Toilet Bowls, not the customers). Your cleaners would be the people who make them happy (the customers, not the Toilet Bowls) by cleaning the toilet bowls.
-Cook: Needless to say, Cooks are in charge of cooking. When a customer sits at a table, your Cook will begin cooking immediately. A proper restaurant cannot function without a cook.
-Waiter: Like Cooks, Waiters are neccessary for a proper restaurant. They are in charge of bringing food to your customers and removing the dishes once they've finished eating.
Once you have your workers, you'll be able to run a restaurant. But what's a restaurant without food?
Using ingredients, you can create new dishes to serve to your customers. Ingredients can be obtained through a number of ways, as listed below.
-Friend Visit Bonus: When visiting a friend for the first time, you automatically gain a free ingredient.
-Daily Quiz: Everyday, you'll receive a quiz in your mailbox that you can take. You'll be asked one question, probably related to food (the two I've taken so far were), and you'll be given three choices, like an MCQ question.
-Trading: Need I say more? Go find a friend, check his menu, see what he lacks, see if you have what he needs and if he has what you need, and send a trade request!
And that pretty much covers it all.
Now, from my two days' worth of experience, I've noticed many things that could greatly aid your game. Some of you may find these tips obvious, but seeing as at least seven-eighths of my contact list don't know about these stuff, I'd say it ain't obvious to everyone.
-Mazes: Create a looooooong path to your dining area, as seen in the picture above. This enables your waiters to clear the dishes and your cooks to have more time to cook food for the existing customers.
-Energy Level Above 80%: Okay, according to this guide I read online, it's wise to keep your workers' energy levels above 80%. Supposedly your workers work slower with less energy, which would be true enough in real life.
-Workshifts: Okay, I used to do this because I didn't have enough money to buy more stoves and crap, so I had spare workers. Now, though, I have too little workers, so this method doesn't work for me anymore.
But for those of you with spare workers, you can save money (because you no longer need to buy food) by alternating between two shifts of workers. For example, you have four workers, but only one stove -- so you allocate one cook and one waiter, and allow the other two workers to rest. When your working workers get tired, switch the shift. When the new shift gets tired, switch again, and the cycle continues.
-Less Walking Distance For Waiters: The less walking distance your poor waiters have to walk, the more time you can save. As seen in the picture above, I have one waiter who can serve 10 tables at once. Admittedly the system isn't perfect, because I still have customers complaining about the time, but it's good enough for me.
A waiter can tend to the nine tiles around him, and my waiter only needs to walk one or two steps to serve everyone.
-Focus On One Recipe: Instead of learning many Level 1 dishes, you should master just one recipe, because, while you don't get points for variety, you do get points for high-level dishes. A high-level dish boosts your Rating.
That's all for now, people! POOFOOF!Labels: guide, review